May 11, 2015
Less than 24 hours to go for ENVELOP Kickstarter campaign to end. There are still tickets available for upcoming private parties -
All other rewards available here - www.kickstarter.com/projects/envelop/envelop-3d-sound
May 8, 2015
Three more days to go for the ENVELOP Kickstarter Campaign. Let's help the project to be 150% funded - www.kickstarter.com/projects/envelop/envelop-3d-sound
Photo recap from last night's Q&A at Dijital Fix -
May 5, 2015
May 1, 2015
Apr 29, 2015
More to come for ENVELOP Kickstarter project -
Apr 27, 2015
Apr 24, 2015
We are having a workshop with Christopher Willits on Intro to Ableton Live tomorrow (Saturday 4/25) at Overlap Studio -
Ableton Live is a real-time audio production tool that eliminates the boundaries between composition, performance, recording and sound design.
This cutting-edge, award-winning software has quickly become the creative standard for composition, sequencing, looping, and processing sound.
In this class you will learn the basics of this amazing audio tool and leave the class inspired to create your own music.
Students are encouraged to bring their own sound material to work with.
Some of the key topics include:
- Understanding the Ableton Live interface
- The Session and Arrangement Views
- Feel comfortable with the basic concepts of tempo and meter
- Import, and loop pre-recorded sounds
- Create compositions with scenes
- Utilize Live Devices and Digital Signal Processing to make entirely new sounds.
- Record loops for composition and live performance.
- Setting up a session for live performance.
Instructor: Christopher Willits
Date: Saturday, April 25, 2015
Time: 12- 4 PM
Location: Overlap Studio, Oakland, CA (Fruitvale area address shared upon registration)
Seats Available: 7